My expectations were met during the lunch hour. We sat in long tables of 75 - we ate communally and exchanged ideas. This was when I experienced the power of ideas and the power of TED.
- 40% of all food in the United States goes from farm to fork to landfill.
- The average family wastes $2,000 every year on food not eaten and thrown out.
- 25 pounds of food are thrown out per year per person.
- 1/5 of all food produced goes to landfills.
- 6 billion pounds of crops every year are unharvested and wasted.
- The average supermarket wastes 10% of its food.